Boll & Branch is seeking a Director, Business Systems who is deeply familiar with NetSuite, e-commerce and sophisticated integrations platforms.
Reporting to the CFO, the Director, Business Systems will ultimately be responsible for all technology infrastructure geared toward procure to pay and order to cash processes. This covers NetSuite and all integrations (3PL, EDI, Integration platforms). The Director, Business Systems will serve as the primary technology partner serving our Operations, Planning, Finance, and Customer Service teams.
We have built and intend to continue to build scalable, elegant solutions that efficiently serve our customers and employees. We are seeking an individual who understands both business and technology in an omni-channel retail environment (where NetSuite is our hub) and can architect efficient solutions.
Please note, as this is a crucial role for our organization and interfaces with all departments, the Director, Business Systems will be based out of our Summit, NJ location with flexibility to work out of our NYC location if needed.
- Act as Project Manager and drive all significant IT development with our third-party developers and back-end (NetSuite Hub). This will include:
- Integration development and improvement (3PL, Shopify, EDI).
- NetSuite process improvements – development of custom records, custom fields, suiteflows, scripts (a plus but not necessary).
- Business Process improvements.
- Create governance around IT prioritization.
- Development of better error / exception handling and reporting.
- Serve as the IT and NetSuite evangelist that will both tactically develop reports for folks based on individual and company needs AND more strategically be the person to train the organization to be more self-sufficient and get the most out of the IT infrastructure.
- Act as the main administrator of Netsuite ERP – provide training for all employees, communication of new updates, configuration of accounting/system preferences.
- Review and document all current systems and determine areas of risk and improvement.
- Handle troubleshooting of daily system errors and resolution.
- Create comprehensive technical documentation for our NetSuite deployment, including fully documenting existing and new customizations, scripts, workflows, and defined business processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is preferred.
- MUST have E-Commerce Experience.
- 4+ years of on-site experience implementing and/or upgrading a NetSuite ERP application for a company that handles physical products; manufacturing and omni-channel sales a strong plus. This experience is non-negotiable.
- Exceptional knowledge of NetSuite – NetSuite Administrator Certification preferred.
- Experience with integration platforms preferred (i.e. – Dell Boomi, Tray.io).
- Experience using NetSuite (One World) in an organization that works with a physical product in a multi-location omni-channel environment.
- Must have experience integrating outside data sources into NetSuite (EDI, 3PL WMS, etc.).
- Ability to learn quickly, self-teach when required, and effectively seek out resources and information as needed.
- An understanding of start-up environments and agile development/project management.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to deliver training and feedback at all levels of the company and create effective documentation and reference resources
- Knowledge of Shopify, SPS Commerce preferred.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must work autonomously in a fast- paced, growing environment.
- Ability to streamline complex systems.
- Collaborative personality.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical benefits including health, vision and dental
- Optional 401K
- Beautiful and inspiring office with pre-paid parking
- Mass transit commuting benefits
- Learning & Development Programs
- Wellness Programs
- Delicious and healthy drinks and snacks
A bit about the Boll & Branch culture…
Boll & Branch is located in beautiful Summit, NJ – a quick train ride from Penn Station in New York City or Hoboken. As we are growing rapidly, in July 2018, we opened an office in NYC. We recently opened our Flagship retail location at The Mall at Short Hills. We value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy. We’re an economically sound business that is motivated by measures beyond the bottom-line. We work hard because we love what we’re doing and why we’re doing it. We care deeply about the Boll & Branch brand and feel incredibly committed to the business we’re building and the positive change we are making in the world. We have a special, open-culture which realizes the best ideas can come from anyone at any level. In 2018 we were named one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces.
Submit your application via the link on this page and please make sure to include a resume and cover letter with salary expectations. Be sure to explain your unique story and how you can contribute to our success.
Please, no phone calls, no recruitment agencies, and no relocations.
The Boll & Branch Hiring Process
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously – we hope you will too. Successful candidates put ample time into their application, including writing a compelling cover letter that explains why Boll & Branch interests you. Interviewing with Boll & Branch may include video and phone interviews, writing or project samples and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Boll & Branch LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer